Wednesday, October 20, 2010

College Essay

Charles Saint Jean 
Ryan Gallagher
12 CP Period 1
20 oct 2010        
Challenges
For the most part,people generally consider me to be a person who is calm,giving and quiet.I am really care about people,I am very educated.In fact,I am a  very athletic person.I’ve been playing sport since I was little.I love sport. 
I’ve been growing up playing soccer since I was little.At those times soccer was my favorite sports than any other sport in the world.In fact, it is something cultural,that’s the main sport of where I am from which is haiti. However, in order to get a better education and a better life I moved to united states.Ever since I moved, it was completely different.I had to face the language’s challenge and the culture.I was trying to adapt to this new culture.Therefore,I had to be part of this new life.I was always trying to watch and observe so I can get to know this new culture.I was always happy to learn new things everyday.  
During my junior year, I made a decision; I decided to play football for my school.Since I decided to play I had to get myself prepared for the season.i was really motivated to play.Unfortunately,It was too late the season was almost over.I couldn’t play so the coaching staff season.I was really depressed ,I was trying to convince the coaches but they said I couldn’t play.The same year I tried out for the basketball team but I didn’t make it.I didn’t give up,as a matter fact I kept working because when you have  a dream and you work to achieve you will succeed no matter what.I assisted some of the game of the football team sometimes .And I talked to some older people.they told me to keep working because I am very athletic and I’d make a good football player.I actually participed to some other acitvities in the school. 
I really wanted to play football, therefore I was getting myself prepared earlier than anybody else.During the off season I went to the school’s weight room every after school,working out with my other friends and some student who was already part of the team.I participated to a lot of camps with my friends in order to get better everyday.Then senior year started,I was really excited about the football season that was coming up .I couldn’t wait for the season to start .I know I was going to put in work.I know I was going to do my best in every practice to show the coaches what I am capable of doing.  
Fortunately, I made the varsity football team.I am really happy about that, I feel like my work wasn’t a waste of time.I play offensive lineman and I am also the kicker.I really love what I am doing.I love my teammates,I am really proud to be part of malden team football.Being part of this team is a really good experience for me,it really hepls me to live in group,share ideas with others,and help each other out.The thing I like most about the team is the happiness,the smile on the  face of everybody after we win a game.I think it is great feeling,I love seeing when people are happy.I love to work in group.Making the varsity football team make truly believes that never give up on your dream ,whatever you want  to achieve in life once you work hard,you will be successful.This experience makes me have more confidence about myself,it makes me have a better  understanding about  this concept  succesful is the result of hard work.I want to be as successful as possible in life in whatever I am doing,in school, sports, and some other activities.  
As I am a senior, I see life another way. When I look at this picture of myself, I realize how much I've grown and changed, not only physically, but also mentally as a person in the last couple of years.I am a student athlete I believe in myself and I know what I am capable of doing .i’d like to keep on playing football in college I know I am talented , I know that I can do it.In the next couple of years I see myself 

No comments:

Post a Comment